Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Immune Deficiency Foundation Conference

A few weeks ago I applied for a partial scholarship for the Immune Deficiency Foundation's National Conference in New Orleans. Today I found out that we were awarded the scholarship! It will cover the hotel stay. When I applied I didn't really think about it, I just wanted to make sure that if we wanted to go that we had applied. It would be an amazing opportunity to meet other families, meet doctors, and learn more about Fiona. I'm a little anxious about traveling, and about how to pay for the travel and registration. I'm really hoping we can make it happen. I think we could all use a break after our winter isolation.

In a little over a week we go to Cincinnati. I'm looking forward to hearing what Fiona's doctor is thinking about. Waiting has given me a little too much time to think about it. When Fiona was first diagnosed we went from thinking she just had a typical virus, then hypogammaglobulinemia, and then an unknown immune deficiency. Every step has been a little worse news. I hope that isn't the case this time.

Some of us have had a cold/allergy/sinus infection, but Fiona hasn't had more than a runny nose. I'm so thankful for her treatments. Her last two treatments went really well. She didn't cry when I stuck her, and she was so brave.

This week is spring break, and the weather is nice, so Christian and the kids went to the park last night. Fiona was really excited to swing. She stopped two boys at the park to tell them about her curls, which is what she calls her ponytails. She loves to talk about her hair, it's adorable. She's also a blossoming singer/songwriter. This week's theme is Old MacDonald. Yesterday she was singing "with a poop poop here, and a poop poop there", and today she sang about hating her older sister, because Katherine wouldn't let her take a bath. She's exploring art, and likes to talk about her masterpieces.


No comments :

Post a Comment