Sunday, September 6, 2015

confusing kid

I just realized how long it's been since my last post. We've had some labs drawn in the past few months that have been unusual for Fi. Everything that is usually low was high, lymphocytes, iga, igm, all normal, igg, high. In the two years that we've been watching her that's never happened. We are going to Cincinnati this month to have labs drawn to make sure there wasn't a lab error, and they'll do a bunch of labs that we haven't checked in a few months.

As much as I want to think that her immune deficiency is gone, I don't think it is. She has thrush. I found it this morning at church. She had patchy transparent white spots on her bottom lip. I just checked her again at bedtime. The spots on her lip are bigger, and less transparent. Now there are spots on her cheeks and in the back of her throat. In the past her response to thrush wasn't great, then it was, then it wasn't. Thrush in a three year old is unusual, and mostly seen in kids with t-cell deficiencies.

No comments :

Post a Comment