Monday, April 7, 2014

skin barrier wipes

During yesterday's treatment we tried a new product called a skin barrier wipe. After I stuck her I wiped it on the skin around the butterfly of the needle. It's really messy, sticky stuff. Once it dried I put on her clear bandage and continued with her treatment. Peeling off the clear bandage was much easier than without the skin barrier, and less irritating to her skin. In the future I'll look for water soluble skin barrier wipes, the ones I used left a mess on my fingers, and could only be cleaned with alcohol. Another solution would be to wear gloves when handling the wipes. I found these at Walgreens. They were about $15 for 50 wipes, and I use three wipes for each treatment. I'm going to ask our specialty pharmacy to see if they can get them for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment