Wednesday, October 30, 2013

low grade fever

Fiona has had a low grade fever for a few weeks now. I'm starting to wonder if it's a side effect of her antibiotic. We've checked to make sure she doesn't have any bacterial or viral infections, and so far everything is negative.

Tomorrow is her treatment day. Treatment days are exhausting. I think I'll try to do her treatment while the girls are at school. I'm glad our community is postponing trick or treating. I think it would be too much for her.

The next few weeks are going to be busy with doctor's appointments. Next week Fiona will see her doctors here and in Cincinnati., and the next week is her two year checkup. I'm going to push for more testing, hopefully the genetic testing, before the end of the year. Since we've met our out of pocket I want to get some of the more expensive tests done while our insurance is covering 100%.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what her igg level is next week. Hizentra has introduced a formula that would let us do treatments every two weeks. I'm going to ask the doctor if that is an option for Fiona. I'm also hoping that she weighs more than 30 pounds. If she does she can get an epipen instead of the glass vial and syringe of epinephrine we have now.

No comments :

Post a Comment