Friday, October 11, 2013

No more nurse visits

I did all of Fiona's treatment yesterday with supervision from the nurse. At the end the nurse said she won't have to come back. I'm looking forward to being able to do treatments on my schedule.

I was really nervous about sticking Fiona with the needle. It really wasn't as bad as I anticipated. It felt like popping a balloon with a pin. It helped that we used emla (numbing cream) and left it on long enough for her not to feel the stick.

Fiona had a mild reaction to the igg yesterday. The infusion sites were really swollen and didn't go down as fast as they did last week. She also got a rash around the sites. I wonder if the rash was from the tape and not the igg? She seems fine today.

We're still waiting to hear about the labs from Wednesday. I think they will probably come back okay or they would have called yesterday.

No comments :

Post a Comment