Friday, October 11, 2013


We went to our Indy specialist today. Fiona woke up screaming last night, so we thought it would be good to make sure that we aren't missing something. The doctor is running labs and a respiratory panel. Now we wait for the results. If they don't find anything we will assume that she has serum sickness. That just means that her body didn't like the igg from one of her treatments, but she won't get it with every treatment.

Tomorrow the nurse comes to our house for Fiona's first at home treatment. We'll get one more nurse visit next week. I think I can do it all myself, but I'll be glad to have a nurse here to make sure I can. When they sent the supplies for treatments they were supposed to send an epipen. Instead they sent glass vials of epinephrine and syringes. I don't even know the dose to give her if something happens.

We are still trying to figure out which doctor to call when something happens. Yesterday I called our pediatrician first. The nurse thought I should take Fiona to the emergency room. Then I called Cincinnati, they said do not take her to the emergency room, it's too risky. Then I called the Indy office and got an appointment today. Next time I'll call Indy first. I'm always learning something.

No comments :

Post a Comment