Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Nap time update

It's nap time so I can finally write an update. Fiona had a CT scan yesterday, and a consultation with a GI doctor. The CT didn't find much, some enlarged lymph nodes. I don't know what that means, or how serious it is, but our hematologist is out of the office until next week. I'm sure we'll hear from them soon if it's a problem.

Fiona charmed all of the doctors and nurses. They said she was the cutest patient of the day. Because of her sedation she wasn't supposed to walk for a few hours. Once we let her out of the stroller she climbed up to stand on a chair. One of the nurses tried to help her balance and she said, "HEY YOU!", which translates to "leave me alone, don't touch me!".

The GI is planning on doing an upper GI scope, a colonoscopy, and a camera capsule. He mentioned that while she was under hematology should do a bone marrow biopsy. We're waiting to see if hematology agrees. We think she will also have a scope of her lungs.

Now we wait. I hate waiting.

No comments :

Post a Comment