Saturday, January 11, 2014

sadness

It really does hit at the strangest times. I've been looking for a photographer to get some nice pictures of Fiona before the transplant. The thought of her loosing her hair kills me. I love her hair! When I think about the pictures I tear up. I don't know if I can handle the photo session.

Today at Trader Joe's one of Fiona's favorite employees asked where the little one was. It was hard to tell her. She remembered when Fiona was having stomach problems, and when she wasn't growing. She had tears in her eyes when I told her.

This is hard, the hardest thing I've done so far as a mom. It's funny how normal treatments, daily antibiotics, and lab draws seem now. I'm sure we'll look back in a few years and be glad when this is over. I'll be glad to send her to kindergarten with a normal immune system.

Fiona's fundraiser

No comments :

Post a Comment